Saturday 16 April 2011

White Arrogance in a Black World

This world is full of arrogance.

During my time in Nigeria, I worked with a bunch of young people from Aberdeen. One of them, Tim, was really a young jock with no more brains than the peas in my lunch bowl.

Tim would make really stupid comments about Nigerians, degrading their intellect and making fun of the way Nigerians live.



I find it ridiculous to believe that in these times, people can be as stupid as Tim. Tim is what they call a young, stupid white boy. And he really is.

I don't know if what his engineering manager said will ever make him be more humble, but his engineering manager, Joe told the group that they should consider themselves very lucky to have been born white.

And I agree completely. They only reason Tim s where he is, is because he's white. He could have easily been born black and go through daily what the black people in the world go through. But he was saved from such an experience by being born white. Lucky him. Not to lucky the others are.

So maybe the Muslims are right in wanting to slaughter stupid, white people like Tim.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm writing from Italy and I'd need to contact you for a book I've been writing. Could you answer to my mail, please?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete